- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp yellow mustard
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Shredded cheddar cheese, for serving
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown the ground beef until fully cooked. Drain any excess fat and set aside.
- In the same skillet, sauté the onion, red bell pepper, green bell pepper, and garlic until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the tomato sauce, tomato paste, apple cider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, yellow mustard, chili powder, paprika, salt, and pepper to the skillet. Stir well to combine.
- Add the cooked ground beef back to the skillet and stir to coat it in the sauce.
- Reduce the heat to low and let the mixture simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve the Sloppy Joe mixture hot, topped with shredded cheddar cheese.
This recipe is a tasty and easy way to enjoy a classic Sloppy Joe dish without the carbs. Enjoy!