This Keto Lemon Yogurt Cake is the ultimate low carb dessert. With only 9 ingredients and less than 3g total carbs, it’s Yogurt Cake recipe worthy of your indulgence.
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup protein isolate, I used ISOPURE
- 1 cup sweetener, I used LAKANTO
- 5 tbsp fresh lemon zest (zest from one big lemon)
- 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup thick full fat yogurt, I used Fage 5%
- 1/2 cup avocado oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 large eggs
- Mix all dry ingredients (1 Cup Almond Flour, ½ Cup Sweetener, ¼ Cup whey isolate, ½ tbsp baking Powder and 2 tbsp Lemon Zest).
Mix well until frothy, avoid lumps and set aside.
- Beat eggs and add yogurt. Beat until combined. Add oil, lemon juice and beat until everything is mixed and a smooth liquid is formed.
- Now mix wet ingredients to dry and beat everything together. This batter should be smooth without lumps (except zest) and runny.
- Preheat oven at 350F. Grease your cake pan with butter generously. Pour the batter in pan and Bake the cake for 20 min.
- Check with toothpick to see if it’s totally cooked. If not cooked at the center, make a shape like your cake pan using aluminum foil and cover the outer circumference or edges where the cake is brown and cooked.
- Bake cake for another 3-5 min until toothpick comes clean when cake is poked. The center will be tiny bit soft but that’s ok.
- Bring cake out and let it cool. Once cooled, drizzle with lemon syrup (2 tbsp lemon juice + 3 tbsp powdered sweetener) and let the cake soak up. Drizzle powdered sweetener on top and more lemon zest if you like.
- The cake is ready to serve.
The cake makes 8 servings and macros per serving:
Fat: 23.8g fat
Net Carb: 2.2g
This sounds so good!
Can I skip the protein isolate or substitute something instead?
Recipe calls for 1 cup of sweetener but directions say to add 1/2 cup sweetener in dry ingredients. Which is it? Also what size pan?
Can I use coconut flour instead of protein?
What size pan did you use?