- For the zoodles:
- 3-4 Large zucchinis * Read notes!
- 1 Tbsp Salt
- For the lasagna:
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin oil
- 1 lb Ground 99% fat-free Turkey
- 1 Cup Onion diced (1 small onion)
- 1 Tbsp + 2 tsp Fresh garlic diced
- 1 Tbsp +1 tsb taco seasonning always make my own using the recipe linked!
- 3/4 Cup Tomato Sauce
- 3/4 Cup Salsa of choice
- 1 15 oz Container of light or fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1 Large egg
- 1/2 Cup Cilantro roughly chopped + additional for garnish
- 8 oz Light Mexican blend cheese grated (about 2 cups, firmly packed)
- 1 Large red pepper chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a mandolin, slice the zucchini into thin slices, about 1/8 inch thick,
- Lay them out flat onto 2 cookie sheets and sprinkle with 1 Tbsp salt (it’s okay if some zoodles overlap on the pan)
- Bake them for 15-20 minutes, until just lightly beginning to brown, to get all the moisture out.
- While the zoodles cook, heat the olive oil over medium/high heat in the large pan. Add in the ground turkey, diced onion, diced garlic, taco seasoning, and a pinch of pepper. Cook until the onion is soft and the turkey is browned, about 10-12 minutes.
- Once the zoodles are cooked, transfer them to a long piece of paper towel, cover with another piece of paper towel, and gently press out as much excess moisture as you can. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the tomato sauce and salsa.
- In a separate, medium bowl, use a fork to beat together the ricotta cheese, egg and another pinch of pepper. Set aside.
- Now it’s time to assemble:
- Spray a 9×13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Start by pouring half the sauce mixture on the bottom, spreading out evenly, followed by half the turkey. Layer half the zucchini noodles in a single layer, lightly overlapping them, followed by half the ricotta mixture. Gently spread out the ricotta to “seal in” in the zoodles.
- Sprinkle half the cilantro over and then finish with half the grated Mexican blend cheese.
- Repeat the layers once more, except add the chopped pepper on top of the last layer of Mexican blend.
- Turn the oven up to 375 and cover the lasagna with tin foil.
- Bake, covered, for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake another 10 minutes.
- Turn the broiler up to HIGH and broil for 2-3 minutes more, until the top is golden brown and bubbly!
- Garnish with extra cilantro (if desired) and DEVOUR
- You only NEED 3 zucchinis for the recipe, but I always like to use 4 so that I have some extra if some zucchinis break or stick to the pan. This can be made a day ahead, covered, and left in the fridge. It also makes great leftovers! The leftovers keep very well in the freezer. If anyone wants more Delicious Keto and Low Carb Recipe so Join My New Group
Here you can get best and new Recipes