I’ve been loving simple keto swaps lately, so that’s why I was excited to try this simple keto enchiladas recipe. I love using homemade keto tortillas in my recipes, but sometimes I just don’t have the time or energy to make them from scratch. I also hate to spend money on the storebought ones because let’s face it, they all taste terrible. This recipe ditches all of that by using rolled up lunchmeat.
I know you’re probably like, “Wait, what?” I was too, but the ham slices are a perfect stand-in. They are just strong enough to hold everything together but soft enough to easily cut through with a fork. Plus, the taste is fantastic. Honestly, I’m kicking myself for not trying this earlier!
Yields 4 servings of Simple Keto Enchiladas
- ½ pound ground beef
- ½ pound ground pork
- 12 slices deli ham
- 4 ounces diced green chilies
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 ounces red enchilada sauce
- ½ cup Monterey jack cheese
1. Preheat your oven to 375F, and heat up a skillet over medium-high heat on the stove.
2. Add the ground beef and pork to the skillet, break up the meat into small chunks as it starts to brown. Mix in the green chilies, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Continue cooking until fully cooked through, then remove the skillet from the heat and allow to cool enough to handle.
3. Spoon some of the enchilada sauce on the bottom of a casserole pan. Layout the slices of ham then spoon a bit of the cooked meat mixture onto each slice. Roll up then place them seam side down when adding to the casserole dish. If you have leftover meat then add it on top of the rolled slices.
4. Pour the rest of the enchilada sauce over the top of the rolls, make sure that all of the edges are covered then sprinkle the cheese over the top.
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese had melted and browned. Serve with avocado and sour cream.
This makes a total of 4 servings of Simple Keto Enchiladas. Each serving comes out to be 475 Calories, 28.18g Fats, 7.6g Net Carbs, and 44.75g Protein.