My husband died in April. This was one of his favorites. Taco soup, the ultimate comfort food.
• 1# 80/20 ground beef- cooked and drain excess fat
• Add 1/4 cup taco seasoning to beef with 1/2 cup water- cook through
• 3 cloves minced garlic added to cooking ground beef
• 1 can black beans with liquid
• 1 can small red beans with liquid
• 1 can kernel corn with liquid
• 1 can diced or stewed tomatoes
• 2 TBSP Taco seasoning
• 4 cups chicken broth
Allow to simmer for 15 minutes
Place tortilla chips in bowl with Mexican cheese and a dollop of sour cream.
Ladle the soup over chips, (cheese and sour cream)
Garnish with chopped cilantro and a squirt of lime