- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (14 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 can (4 oz) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 cups cooked elbow macaroni
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a large skillet, cook the ground beef, onion, and garlic over medium-high heat until the beef is browned and the onion is tender. Drain off any excess fat.
- Add the diced tomatoes (with their juice), tomato sauce, mushrooms, oregano, basil, salt, and pepper to the skillet. Stir well and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and let the mixture simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook the elbow macaroni according to package instructions until al dente. Drain well.
- Add the cooked elbow macaroni to the skillet with the beef mixture and stir to combine.
- Transfer the beef and macaroni mixture to a 9×13 inch baking dish. Sprinkle the shredded cheddar cheese on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove the casserole from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before serving.
Enjoy your delicious Ground Beef Casserole!