- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup plain soy yogurt
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Vegan butter for brushing (optional)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add in the soy yogurt, water, and olive oil. Mix until a dough forms.
- Knead the dough for a few minutes until it becomes smooth and elastic.
- Place the dough in a lightly oiled bowl and cover it with a towel. Let it rest for 1 hour.
- Preheat a non-stick pan or a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal parts and roll each part into a ball.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll each ball of dough into a flat, oval shape.
- Brush one side of the naan with water, and place it water-side down onto the hot skillet.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes or until bubbles start to form on the surface. Flip the naan and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Repeat the process with the remaining dough balls.
- Brush the naan with vegan butter (optional) and serve warm.
Enjoy your delicious vegan naan bread!