These Triple Chocolate Cheesecake Bars feature a chocolate shortbread crust, dark chocolate cheesecake, and a rich chocolate ganache layer. Each decadent cheesecake bar has less than 3 net carbs and is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth!
Is cheesecake keto?
Yes, cheesecake is a fantastic dessert for the keto lifestyle! The trick is to choosing a good keto sweetener, a delicious low-carb crust, and (for this version’s ganache) sugar-free chocolate. I like to use Confectioners Swerve or Powdered Monkfruit because they have zero calories, don’t impact our blood sugar, and make a creamy filling without major aftertaste.
Ingredients for Keto Chocolate Cheesecake Bars
As always, this is a quick overview of the ingredients you will need to make these low carb cheesecake bars. For the complete printable recipe just keep scrolling.
- Confectioners Keto sweetener (such as Monkfruit or Swerve)
- Cocoa Powder
- Cream Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Vanilla Extract
To make the low carb ganache you will also need heavy whipping cream and sugar free dark chocolate chips.
How to make Keto Chocolate Cheesecake Bars
This recipe features three layers: a chocolate shortbread crust, a chocolate cheesecake layer, and an ultra rich chocolate ganache topping.
- Chocolate Crust: combine the melted butter, almond flour, sweetener and cocoa powder. Press the soft crust dough into a parchment paper lined 8×8 pan. Bake the crust for 7-8 minutes until set and allow the crust to cool completely.
- Chocolate Cheesecake: using an electric mixer combine the cream cheese, sour cream, sweetener, cocoa powder, egg and vanilla extract. Carefully spread the filling over the cooled crust. Bake the cheesecake 25-30 minutes until it has set in the center. Cool the cheesecake completely.
- Chocolate Ganache: Chop the dark chocolate chips finely and add to a heat proof bowl. Heat the heavy whipping cream until almost simmering. Pour the heavy cream over the chocolate and allow it to sit at least one minute to soften. Carefully stir the chocolate mixture until completely combined. Allow the chocolate to sit a few minutes until it has thickened slightly. Pour over the cooled cheesecake.
Tips for the Best Cheesecake Bars
While these cheesecake bars are SUPER easy, there are a few simple tips that help these come out flawlessly every time.
- Use room temperature cream cheese and eggs — This helps the cheesecake filling become extremely smooth without lumps and clumps. Everything is easier to mix as well!
- Don’t overbeat the mixture — When beating the mixture, you’re incorporating a lot of air. This is great when making scrambled eggs, but it’s not good for a cheesecake! Too much air means you’ll have cracks in your dessert. If you think you may have mixed a bit too much, leave the mixture sitting on the counter for about 15 minutes so some of the air bubbles can work their way up to the top.
- Use an 8×8 pan — This recipe was developed specifically for an 8×8-inch pan. If you use a 9×9 or other size, your cheesecake will be much thinner and overdone.
How do you make keto chocolate ganache?
For this keto chocolate ganache, I used equal parts hot heavy whipping cream and sugar-free dark chocolate. This allows the chocolate to gently melt and combine with the cream for a luscious, smooth ganache worthy of any dessert. Make sure that no water comes into contact with this mixture while you’re mixing–It’ll cause the chocolate to seize up and separate into a grainy, gloopy mess.
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1/4 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons confectioners Monkfruit
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup confectioners Monkfruit
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup Lily’s dark chocolate chips, finely chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper and set aside.
- To make the crust combine the melted butter, almond flour, sweetener, and cocoa powder. Press the dough into the baking dish. (dough will be soft and sticky, that is okay)
- Bake the dough 7 minutes or just until the dough has set. Allow the dough to cool completely.
- Using an electric mixer beat the cream cheese, sour cream and egg until combined. Add the sweetener, cocoa powder and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Carefully spread the cheesecake mixture evenly over the cooled crust.
- Bake the cheesecake bars 25-30 minutes until cooked through. Allow the cheesecake bars to cool completely.
- To make the ganache place the finely chopped chocolate in a heat proof bowl, set aside. In a sauce pan bring the heavy cream to a simmer. Carefully pour over the chocolate and let the chocolate sit 1 minute to soften. Stir the chocolate until smooth. Allow it to cool a few minutes and carefully pour over the cooled cheesecake.
- Chill the cheesecake at least 3 hours before serving.
Looks great. Just wish it had printable version.
Any way to get printable version of recipe!