- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C) and grease a 12-cup muffin tin.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt, and pepper.
- Stir in the cheese, spinach, bell pepper, and green onions.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and then mix in the milk and vegetable oil.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before removing from the tin and serving.
Enjoy your savory vegetable muffins!