- 1 lb. Italian sausage
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 large potato, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh kale
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, cook the Italian sausage over medium-high heat until browned. Remove the sausage from the pot and set aside.
- Add the onion and garlic to the pot and cook until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth, water, and sliced potato to the pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
- Stir in the heavy cream, grated Parmesan cheese, and chopped kale. Cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add the cooked sausage back into the pot and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Optional: You can also add some bacon bits to the recipe for an extra flavor.
Really easy and yummy