Zucchini Lasagna Roll-Ups
Preparation Time 20 minutes Cooking Time 40 minutes Total Time 1 hour Servings 6 portions Calories 353 kcal
- 1 tablespoon. olive oil
- 2 cloves of crushed garlic
- ½ cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 3/4 pound ground turkey
- 1 ½ cups Marinara sauce
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese divided
- 1 cup full-fat ricotta
- ½ cup of Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp. Italian spices
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ teaspoon. Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Using a mandolin, cut the zucchini lengthwise into 1/8-inch-thick slices. (You can also use a knife, be careful!) You should get about 24 slices.
- Combine oil, crushed garlic and onion in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute for 2-3 minutes. Add the ground turkey and cook for another 6-8 minutes or until fully cooked.
- Pour 1 cup of marinara sauce into the bottom of a 9-inch square baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine 1 cup mozzarella cheese, ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, egg, Italian seasonings, salt and pepper. Mix until combined. Add the ground turkey mixture and mix until combined.
- Place 1 ½ tablespoons of the turkey and cheese mixture on top of a zucchini slice. Slice the zucchini and place on a 9-inch square baking sheet. Repeat with remaining cheese mixture and zucchini slices.
- Pour the remaining ½ cup of marinara sauce over the rolls and top with 1 cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Serve with fresh parsley and bon appetit! Serving size is 4 zucchini rolls.
Food Preparation and Storage
- Preparation: Make the zucchini rolls and cover and refrigerate until ready to bake. Bring to room temperature before putting in the oven. You can also bake and then refrigerate or freeze.
- To store: Store leftover rolls in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- To freeze: Prepare the recipe and let it cool completely. Then store in the refrigerator in a freezer-safe airtight container for up to 3 months.
- To Reheat: Quickly reheat leftovers in the microwave or reheat in an ovenproof bowl in a 350° oven.
Expert Tips and Tricks
- Use a mandolin. This is the surest, quickest, and easiest way to cut zucchini.
- Release the moisture. Use the salt trick to extract the extra water from the zucchini.
- Gather the spice. Add crushed red pepper flakes to the ground turkey mixture.
- Use summer squash instead of zucchini. They have a super similar texture but will be a little sweeter.
- Simplify. Skip rolling and fold the zucchini into lasagna like noodles.
Nutrition FactsPumpkin Lasagna Roll-Ups | Keto, Low Carb Calories Per Serving 353 Calories from Fat 180% Daily Value*Fat 20g31%Saturated Fat 10g63%Cholesterol 114mg38%Sodium 931mg40%Potassium 751mg21%Carbs 11g4% Fiber 2g8%Sugar 2.8%7Protein 32g64%Vitamin28 1025% AV %Calcium 432mg43%Iron 2.6mg14%