- 1 lb. Italian sausage (mild or spicy)
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cans of white beans (Great Northern or cannellini), drained and rinsed
- 2 cups chopped kale or spinach
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, brown the sausage over medium heat. Once cooked through, remove from pot and set aside.
- In the same pot, add a little olive oil if needed, then add the onions and garlic. Cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth, white beans, oregano, and basil. Bring to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add the sausage back into the pot, along with the chopped kale or spinach. Cook until the greens are wilted, about 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot. Enjoy!