- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, carrots, and celery and sauté until the vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the spinach, vegetable broth, water, tomatoes, Italian seasoning, salt, and black pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the tortellini and simmer for an additional 5-7 minutes, until the tortellini is cooked.
- Serve the soup hot, garnished with Parmesan cheese if desired.