- 1 cup cooked lentils
- 1/2 cup vital wheat gluten
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cooked lentils, vital wheat gluten, nutritional yeast, tomato paste, soy sauce, olive oil, maple syrup, smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, dried thyme, dried sage, and black pepper. Mix well until everything is evenly combined.
- Take about 1/4 cup of the mixture and shape it into a sausage shape. Repeat with the remaining mixture.
- Place the sausages on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, flipping the sausages halfway through.
- Once the sausages are cooked through and browned, remove them from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes before serving.
Enjoy your homemade vegan sausages! You can also store them in the refrigerator for up to a week or freeze them for later use.