A wholesome, healthy, and delicious vegan and vegetarian pizza with barbecue sauce, crispy chickpeas, kale, and cheese on a sweet potato crust!
- 1 batch of Sweet Potato Pizza Crusts (recipe makes 2 crusts, the amount you need for this pizza recipe)
PAN-FRIED SMOKY CHICKPEAS
- 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Pinch of fine sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 a medium bunch green kale, stemmed and finely chopped (about 2 cups chopped)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch of fine sea salt
ALL OTHER TOPPINGS
- 1/2 cup of your favourite barbecue sauce
- 1/2 a medium red onion, finely diced
- 1 cup grated cheese (strong cheddar or Monterey Jack are both tasty options, or use vegan cheese)
CILANTRO LIME AIOLI
- 1/2 cup quality mayonnaise (such as Primal Kitchen or Chosen Foods)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- Pickled jalapeños, for serving
- Start by preparing the sweet potato pizza crusts. Note: I often prepare the pizza crusts several hours in advance- this really cuts down on the active prep around dinner time! I just leave them on a wire rack and loosely cover them with parchment paper until I’m ready to make my pizzas.
- Next, make the pan-fried chickpeas. Warm the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the chickpeas and cook until lightly browned, stirring occasionally, for five minutes. Stir in the spices and salt and continue to cook for five more minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Make the marinated kale: Place the finely chopped kale in a bowl and drizzle with the olive oil. Add a pinch of salt and massage the oil into the kale so that it becomes tender and bright green.
- You’re now ready to make your pizzas! Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit and place the crusts on the same baking sheets or pizza stones you used to pre-bake them on, if they aren’t already on them. Spread 1/4 cup of barbecue sauce onto each crust. Top each with 1/2 cup of the chickpeas, a handful of diced red onion, and 1/2 cup of grated cheese. Bake at 450 degrees for 5 minutes, then remove from the oven, scatter a handful of marinated kale evenly over top of each pizza, and return to the oven for 5 more minutes, or until the kale becomes crispy.
- While the pizzas are in the oven, whip up the cilantro lime aioli. Simply whisk together the mayonnaise, cilantro, lime juice and zest, and garlic in a small bowl.
- Remove the pizzas from the oven and wait five minutes before slicing each pizza into 6-8 slices and enjoying with some pickled jalapeños and the cilantro lime aioli.
M Muchas gracias por compartir,me encantan sus recetas e ideas para preparar alimentos nutritivos.Dios les siga bendiciendo en gran manera,y continuen con este espititu de compartir,para ayuadar a muchas personas a que coman mas saludable,obtengan mejor salud,y mas alegria en sus vidas.