Miso is a great source of vitamins, amino acids, and antioxidants, and that’s not to mention it has that great umami flavor that elevates just about anything it’s paired with. The turmeric adds a sweet earthiness and its own anti-inflammatory and digestive properties.
- 2 medium-sized turnips, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 8 ounces)
- 4 ounces fresh shiitake mushrooms, stems removed and tops slivered
- 1 inch fresh turmeric, peeled and grated (or 1 1/2 teaspoons dried ground turmeric)
- 4 tablespoons mellow yellow miso paste (preferably non-GMO), plus more to taste
- 1/2 pound soba noodles
- 1/3 cup green onions, finely chopped, to serve
- 1/3 cup microgreens, to serve