- 6 slices mozzarella cheese ( I used Sargento Mozzarella)
- 3 slices deli turkey (I used Boar’s Head Smoked Turkey)
- 3 slices cooked bacon
- 1/2 avocado, thinly sliced
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with a silicone baking mat.
- Place the mozzarella slices on the silicone baking sheet. Bake 5-7 minutes. When the edges have browned and the cheese is bubbly (watch the video if you need some guidance) remove from the oven.
- Allow them to cool about 1 minute, just so they cool enough you can handle, but still very pliable.
- Place the deli turkey, cooked bacon and avocado slice on one side and tightly roll them up, seam side down.
- Serve with ranch!
Tips for Making Oven Baked Taquitos
You can use any type of cheese you prefer, this method will work just fine for cheddar, provolone or pepper jack. However, I really like the mozzarella because it is the least greasy when baked like this.
The only thing to note is that the cooking time may vary slightly depending on the cheese you use. For example, the moisture content, thickness of the slices, if your oven is convection or not, and how many times you open it during cooking all can effect the cooking time.
So, my suggested cooking time is 5-7 minutes, but keep an eye on these the first few times you bake them.