- 1 can of coconut milk
- 2 cups of chicken or vegetable broth
- 2-3 stalks of lemongrass, bruised
- 4-5 kaffir lime leaves
- 2-3 bird’s eye chili peppers, sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1-inch piece of ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon of fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 2-3 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup of sliced chicken or tofu
- 1/4 cup of cilantro, chopped
- Juice of half a lime
- In a large pot, bring the coconut milk and broth to a simmer over medium heat.
- Add the lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves, chili peppers, garlic, ginger, fish sauce, and brown sugar. Stir to combine.
- Add the mushrooms and chicken or tofu, and continue to simmer for 5-7 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the lemongrass stalks and kaffir lime leaves from the pot.
- Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Add the lime juice and stir well.
- Ladle the tom kha into bowls and garnish with cilantro. Enjoy!
Note : You can also add vegetables of your choice such as bell pepper, baby corn, broccoli etc