- 4 large green bell peppers, halved and seeded
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 cup cooked white rice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place the pepper halves in a baking dish and bake for 20 minutes.
- In a large pot, cook the onion and garlic over medium heat until softened. Add the ground beef and cook until browned. Drain off any excess fat.
- Stir in the beef broth, diced tomatoes, and cooked rice. Bring to a simmer and season with salt and pepper.
- Fill the pepper halves with the beef mixture and return them to the baking dish.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake for an additional 20 minutes, or until the peppers are tender.
- Serve the peppers in bowls with the soup spooned over them.
Enjoy your Stuffed Green Pepper Soup!