- 3 cloves Chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 4 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 3 cups coconut milk
- 6 3/ 4 ounces of rice sticks (really thin rice noodles)
- Fresh cilantro, thai basil, red chilis, and green onions, to garnish
Combine the garlic, ginger and curry paste in a small cuisinart (or mince and mash together in a small bowl). Add the coconut oil and combine everything well.
In a large pot, heat the curry-coconut paste over medium heat, frying the paste gently for 1-2 minutes.
Add the chicken broth and deglaze the pot. Add the coconut milk and bring the broth to a boil. Season to taste with kosher salt
Either place the noodles in the boiling broth, or pour the boiling broth into a bowl of dry noodles and let the soup sit while the noodles cook and soak up the hot broth.
Garnish with fresh cilantro, thai basil, red chilis and green onions.