This Smoked Sausage Minestrone Soup is made with SIX ingredients and loaded with flavor! Pasta, beans, veggies and sausage makes it a hearty and comforting meal.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 large carrots peeled and chopped
- 2 ribs celery finely chopped
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 smoked sausages halved lengthwise and sliced (regular sized “smokies”)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 can white kidney beans rinsed and drained, 540ml/19oz
- 3/4 cup elbow macaroni pasta or another short cut of pasta
Heat oil in a large dutch oven or soup pot over medium-high heat.
Add carrots and celery and cook until slightly softened, about 5 minutes.
Add broth, sausages, salt and pepper and simmer until carrots are nearly tender, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add dry pasta and beans and simmer just until pasta is cooked, about 8-10 minutes. Serve.