This Easy Shrimp Ramen Soup is so much better than that packet of noodles!! Packed with vegetables, shrimp, and full of flavor!
- 1–2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces (230g) sliced mushrooms (I like baby portobello)
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups (946ml) low sodium broth/stock of choice
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 (3 ounce) (85g) packages ramen noodles (discard seasoning packet)
- 1 pound (450g) medium/large raw shrimp (thawed, cleaned, and peeled)
- Chopped green onions and cilantro for garnish, optional
In a large pot saute mushrooms and carrot in olive oil for 5 minutes or until they start to soften. Add garlic and cook stirring for 30 seconds. Add broth, ginger, soy sauce, and sesame oil. Cover and bring to a boil.
Once boiling add noodles and shrimp. Cover and boil for 3 minutes. Serve topped with chopped green onions and cilantro if desired.
- How to make Spicy Shrimp Ramen Soup:
- Sriracha sauce
- Tabasco Sauce
- Red pepper flakes
- Cayenne pepper
- Jalapeno pepper
- To make this a more “brothy” soup make the following changes:
- 8 cups broth/stock
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- feel free to add more garlic (I like garlic and it’s great for cold season so I always add more 🙂 )
- Nutrition facts: Since different brands of ingredients have different nutritional information, the information shown is just an estimate. Nutrition info calculated using vegetable broth.
What to serve with Shrimp Ramen Soup:
- A big side salad
- Fresh fruit
- Crusty bread to soak up broth
- Soft boiled egg