- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup corn kernels (fresh or frozen)
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh parsley or chives, for garnish (optional)
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the flour and cook for 1-2 minutes, until the mixture is bubbly and starting to turn golden brown.
- Gradually stir in the chicken broth and milk, whisking constantly to prevent lumps from forming.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer and let cook for about 5 minutes, or until it starts to thicken.
- Stir in the corn kernels and shrimp. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook until the shrimp are pink and cooked through, about 5-7 minutes.
- Serve hot, garnished with fresh parsley or chives if desired.
I plan to try this recipe this weekend
Cant wait to try recope
This looks yummy ! I will have to try.