I roasted the vegetables in the oven(tomato,zucchini, yellow squash, broccoli, garlic, onions, bell pepper, sweet peppers)
Roast in olive oil, salt, garlic salt, pepper, Italian seasoning for 25 min at 425 degrees. Then, I puree them and add to cut up rotisserie chicken, some butter, bone broth, and better than bullion roasted chicken flavor.
Roasted Vegetable Chicken Soup
- 2 carrots, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 yellow onion, quartered
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2-3 cups shredded chicken, rotisserie chicken works well
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon each dried herb: rosemary, parsley, thyme, oregano
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil.
Toss the veggies (carrots, sweet potato, and squash) in olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper (about 1/4-1/2 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper). Roast on the prepared baking sheet for 15 minutes. Add in the quartered onion and garlic and continue to roast for 10-15 minutes.
Meanwhile, shred the chicken. (or you can cook raw chicken breasts in the chicken broth if you are not using rotisserie chicken).
In a large stockpot, bring broth to a simmer. Add the shredded chicken, herbs and remaining salt and pepper.
Once veggies are done roasting, add half to the soup and place the other half in a blender with the 1 cup of water. Make sure to place all onion and garlic in the bender. Puree half of the veggies. Add this puree to the soup and simmer for 5-10 minutes. Add spinach for the last 2 minutes. Adjust seasonings to your taste.