Here is a recipe for purple sweet potato soup:
- 2 pounds purple sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Place the sweet potato cubes on a baking sheet and drizzle with the olive oil. Toss to coat the sweet potatoes evenly.
- Roast the sweet potatoes in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until they are tender and caramelized.
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat the remaining olive oil over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and cook until the onions are translucent, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the roasted sweet potatoes and chicken broth to the pot. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Use an immersion blender to blend the soup until it is smooth and creamy. Alternatively, you can transfer the soup to a blender or food processor and blend it in batches.
- Stir in the heavy cream and season the soup with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Serve the soup hot, garnished with additional black pepper or chopped fresh herbs, if desired. Enjoy!