- 5 cups water
- 2 tablespoons beef soup base (such as LeGout®)
- 4 cups cubed cooked prime rib
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 large onion, diced
- ½ cup ketchup
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
Combine water and beef base in a 6-quart slow cooker and stir well.
Add prime rib, potatoes, frozen vegetables, red wine, onion, ketchup, celery, carrots, garlic, parsley, thyme, salt, and pepper. Cook on Low until vegetables are tender, 6 to 8 hours.
I use LeGout(R) beef base from a restaurant supply store rather than beef broth or beef boullion. I find it adds better flavor. Adjust amount to your taste.