One-Pot Creamy Vegetable Soup
Oh so comforting One Pot Creamy Vegetable Soup. Loaded with fresh herbs, tender veggies and paired with delicious bread.
- 1 Tbsp neutral oil, I used olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 3 medium carrots, chopped
- 4 stalks of celery, chopped
- ½ cup corn, I used frozen corn
- 1 cup peas, I used frozen peas
- 3 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 4 cups of veggie broth
- 1/3 cup all- purpose flour, substitute with gluten-free flour
- 1/3 cup dairy-free butter
- 1 cup of unsweetened dairy-free milk, I used soy milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp fresh rosemary
- 1/2 tsp fresh oregano
- 1/2 tsp fresh thyme
- 1 cup of chickpeas or white beans, optional
- Heat a large pot on medium heat. Once warm, add the oil, onions, carrots, celery, garlic, and salt. Cook for 5 minutes or until the onions are translucent.
- Add the butter to the pot. Once it starts to melt combine the flour and mix covering the vegetables in flour. This roux mixture will be thick and sticky.
- Slowly add the vegetable broth, pepper, oregano, thyme, and rosemary and mix until well combined.
- Stir the soup frequently until the soup comes to a gentle boil. As the soup heats up you will start to see the soup thicken. Make sure to keep stirring so the soup does not burn.
- Combine the peas, corn, nutritional yeast, chickpeas, and milk to the pot. Cook for an additional 5-7 minutes on low heat or until the peas and corn have warmed.
- Divide soup into bowls and serve.
- Leftovers can be kept in the refrigerator in an airtight container for 3 days.