Here’s a recipe for Ogbono Soup with Plenty Obstacles (also known as Okro Soup with Assorted Meat):
- 1/2 cup of ground ogbono seeds
- 1/2 cup of ground crayfish
- 1/2 cup of palm oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 habanero pepper, chopped
- 1 lb. of assorted meat (such as cow foot, tripe, and goat meat), cleaned and chopped
- 1/2 lb. of smoked fish, cleaned and deboned
- 1/2 lb. of dried stockfish, soaked in water overnight and cleaned
- 2 cups of chopped okra
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of ground pepper
- 6 cups of water
- 2 cups of spinach, chopped
- 1 cup of chopped ugu (pumpkin leaves)
- Heat the palm oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the chopped onion, garlic, and habanero pepper. Sauté for about 2-3 minutes, or until the onion is translucent.
- Add the chopped assorted meat to the pot and cook for about 5-7 minutes, or until the meat is browned.
- Add the smoked fish, dried stockfish, ground crayfish, and ogbono seeds to the pot. Stir well to combine.
- Add 6 cups of water to the pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and let the soup simmer for about 20-25 minutes, or until the meat is tender.
- Add the chopped okra to the pot and stir well.
- Let the soup cook for another 5-10 minutes, or until the okra is cooked through.
- Add the chopped spinach and ugu leaves to the pot. Stir well to combine.
- Let the soup cook for another 5-10 minutes, or until the spinach and ugu leaves are wilted and cooked through.
- Season the soup with salt and ground pepper to taste.
- Serve the soup hot, with fufu or eba.
Enjoy your delicious and hearty Ogbono Soup with Plenty Obstacles!