- 1/4 cup – Wild Rice (UNCOOKED) See notes
- 1 1/2 cup – Mushroom i have used Baby Bella, you may use any
- 1 1/2 cup – Vegetable Stock
- 1/4 cup – chopped onion
- 1/4 cup – chopped celery
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp – minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp – Poultry Seasoning See Notes
- 1/2 tsp – Black Pepper powder
- 1 tbsp – Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp – all purpose flour
- 1 cup – Coconut milk See notes
Dump Wild Rice, Mushroom, Vegetable Stock, chopped onion, chopped celery, Black Pepper powder, Salt, Poultry Seasoning, and minced garlic in an inner steel pot in Instant Pot. Stir well. Cover it.
Pressure cook it on high pressure for 45 minutes.
Meanwhile, let’s make a roux. In a pan, heat olive oil. Add All-purpose flour, Cook it for 2 minutes, stirring continuously.
Now, add coconut milk and stir. Cook it for 2 minutes. Switch off the flame.
Once IP beeps and cooking time is done, switch off the Instant Pot and give a quick release.
Now, add prepared roux in a soup. Mix well.
Wild Rice Mushroom Soup is ready. Serve it with Crusty No Knead Bread.
- Poultry seasoning is usually a mix of thyme, sage, marjoram, rosemary, and Nutmeg. If your poultry seasoning contains Black pepper, skip adding extra black pepper powder.
- If you don’t have poultry seasoning, you may use your choice of herbs.
- If the soup is too thick, add some liquid.
- Don’t substitute Wild rice with white rice, brown rice or Rice blend. Please use Actual Wild Rice.
- If you are not making it Vegan, you may use Butter instead of Olive oil and Regular Milk instead of Coconut milk.
- You can add any veggie of your choice too.
- I have used Tetra pack coconut milk which we get it in the dairy section, not the canned one. You may use canned one too.
For making this Soup in pot –
- You can cook on stove top. Instead of an instant pot, make it in a soup pot or dutch oven.
- Follow the same recipe. The only change you need to do is, increase the broth quantity. Instead, of 1 and ½ cup add 4 cups of vegetable broth and cook it for about 1n hour or so on a medium to high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Check the liquid in between, add more broth if needed.