- 1 lb mixed mushrooms (such as cremini, shiitake, and oyster), sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 4 cups of vegetable or chicken broth
- 2 cups of heavy cream
- 1/4 cup of dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 teaspoon of thyme leaves
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Chopped parsley, for garnish (optional)
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat the olive oil and butter over medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and sauté until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and thyme leaves, and cook for about 8-10 minutes, or until the mushrooms are browned and softened.
- Pour in the white wine and let it simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Add the broth, bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and let it simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and blend the soup until smooth with a blender or immersion blender.
- Stir in the cream and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat the soup back on the stove over medium heat until hot.
- Serve in bowls and garnish with chopped parsley, if desired.
Note: You can add some diced carrots, celery or potatoes to the ingredients list to make it even more hearty and filling.
The best and easiest recipes, love the soups.
Thank You can’t wait to try this