Here is a recipe for taco soup that serves 6-8 people:
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (14.5 oz) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14.5 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14.5 oz) can corn, drained
- 1 (4 oz) can diced green chilies
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, cook the ground beef over medium heat until it is browned and crumbled.
- Add the onion, bell pepper, and garlic to the pot and cook until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the diced tomatoes, kidney beans, black beans, corn, green chilies, beef broth, taco seasoning, salt, and pepper to the pot. Stir to combine.
- Bring the soup to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning if needed. Serve hot.
Optional: top with shredded cheese, sour cream, chopped fresh cilantro, or crushed tortilla chips before serving. Enjoy!