- 1 lb beef (chuck roast, boneless short ribs, or oxtail)
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 ear of corn, cut into 4 pieces
- 2 zucchinis, diced
- 1 cup green beans, trimmed
- 8 cups of water
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat the vegetable oil over medium heat. Add the diced onion and garlic and cook until the onion is translucent.
- Add the beef to the pot and brown on all sides, about 5 minutes per side.
- Add the 8 cups of water to the pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover the pot and let simmer for 1 hour.
- Add the diced carrots, potatoes, corn, zucchinis, and green beans to the pot. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover the pot and let simmer for an additional 45 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Serve hot with fresh cilantro and lime wedges, if desired. Enjoy!