- 1/2 sweet onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups light cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1 lb crab meat
- Additional Old Bay seasoning (optional)
- In a pot, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add flour and stir. Slowly add cream and milk, stirring constantly.
- Add salt, pepper, Old Bay seasoning and thyme and stir.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Taste and adjust seasoning as needed. Allow soup to cool.
- Once cooled, gently fold in crab meat.
- Heat through and serve warm. Optional to add additional Old Bay seasoning to taste.
Looks wonderful !!! Have been looking for a great recipe this maybe it.