- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 can black soybeans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can diced green chilies
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Optional toppings: shredded cheese, sour cream, chopped fresh cilantro, diced avocado
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the ground beef and cook until browned, breaking it up into small pieces as it cooks.
- Add the chopped onion and garlic to the pot and cook until the onion is softened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato paste, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, beef broth, black soybeans, diced green chilies, taco seasoning, and ground cumin.
- Bring the soup to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 20-30 minutes, until the flavors are well blended.
- Season the soup with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve the soup hot, topped with shredded cheese, sour cream, chopped fresh cilantro, and diced avocado, if desired.
Enjoy your delicious Low-Carb Taco Soup!