LOW CARB CHOCOLATE ALMOND BISCOTTI (GLUTEN FREE, KETO)
This beautiful Low Carb Chocolate Almond Biscotti is gluten-free, grain-free, sugar-free, and ketogenic! These are the perfect cookies to gift!
- 1.5 cups of almond flour Bob’s Red Mill
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup Swerve confectionery sweetener
- 2 tablespoons unflavored protein powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
1 teaspoon guar gum or xanthan
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 8 tablespoons of melted butter
- 1 teaspoon of almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla liquid stevia
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup of sliced almonds
- Optional 6 ounces unsweetened chocolate chips
- 2 ounces almonds, toasted, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Mix in a stand mixer and first 7 dry ingredients and blend on low to combine.
- Add the remaining ingredients, wait for the almonds and mix until well mixed.
- Mix the almonds and put the dough on a baking sheet covered with parchment.
- Create a rectangle about 10 inches long and 6 inches wide.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Refrigerate for 30 minutes and slice. To continue baking for another 15 minutes, gently place the biscuits flat on the tray, cut side down.
- Remove from oven and let cool before holding. Gently turn the biscuit over and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Refrigerate completely or overnight before adding optional sauces.
- If using optional toppings, dip one end of the biscuit in melted chocolate and add the chopped toasted almonds. Place in the refrigerator to set.