This is a heartier version of the unbelievably delicious Lobster Bisque!
With a piece of crusty French bread, it’s more of a meal than just a soup. I’m sure you will love this soup as much as we did. Your family will feel like they are dining at a 5-star Restaurant!!!
Lobster Bisque is usually creamy and smooth. This is a heartier Chowder-like version of this unbelievably delicious soup!
With a piece of crusty French bread, it’s more of a meal than just a soup. I’m sure you will love this recipe as much as we did. Your family will feel like they are dining at a 5-star Restaurant!!!
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Medium Potatoes, peeled, cleaned, and cubed
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 stalk Celery, chopped
- 1 Medium Carrot, chopped
- 1/2 Onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. Smoked paprika
- 1/4 cup Flour
- 32 oz. or 4 cups Seafood Broth
- 1 1/2 cups Half and Half milk (or use Half whole milk/half heavy cream)
- 4 tsp. tomato paste
- 2 Tbsp. squeezed Lemon juice
- 2 or more Lobsters, cooked and cubed (you can use crab, shrimp, or salmon)
- salt/pepper to taste
- dill and green onion for the garnish (or your favorite herbs)
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium-low heat. Add potatoes, mushrooms, celery, carrot, and onion. Cook and stir until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add smoked paprika and flour, mix well.
- Stir in the Seafood broth, tomato paste, and lemon juice. Stir until well blended.
- Blend in half-and-half milk.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, until the potatoes are cooked.
- Stir frequently until soup thickens.
- Adjust the flavor with salt and pepper.
- You can pour the mixture into the blender if you like.
- Add the Lobster meat at the very end, simmer for 5 minutes until heated.
- Garnish with fresh dill, chopped green onions, or your favorites!