- 1 cup warm water (110-115 degrees F)
- 2 1/4 tsp active dry yeast
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the warm water and yeast. Let sit for 5-10 minutes, or until the mixture becomes frothy.
- Add the flour, sugar, and salt to the yeast mixture and stir until the dough comes together.
- Knead the dough for 5-7 minutes, or until it becomes smooth and elastic.
- Place the dough in a greased bowl, cover with a towel, and let it rise in a warm place for about 1 hour, or until it has doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Roll out the dough into a rectangle and brush it with the melted butter. Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese and garlic powder on top.
- Cut the dough into 8-12 strips and twist each strip to form a breadstick.
- Place the breadsticks on a baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until they are golden brown.
- Serve hot and enjoy!