Keto Pigs in Blanket
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 1 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 ounce cream cheese
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
Pigs in a Blanket:
- 1 package (6 count) hot dogs or smoked sausage links
- 1 egg white, beaten (for egg wash to brush on top)
- Optional: Everything But the Bagel Seasoning or Flake Salt
Make the dough:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the mozzarella cheese and cream cheese. Heat in 30-second increments until cheese is completely melted.
- Stir the cheeses so they are combined.
- In a second smaller bowl, combine the almond flour and baking powder. Mix the almond flour with the the melted cheeses.
- When the almond flour and cheese are nearly combined, add in a beaten egg white and stir well
- Using your hands work the dough to make sure the egg white is completely worked into the dough (no streaks of egg whites visible). If the dough seems too wet, just add 1 tablespoon of almond flour at a time until it feels right.
Assemble the pigs in a blanket:
- Lay the dough on a silicone baking sheet. Place a second silicone baking sheet on top and spread the dough into a thin rectangle.
- Slice the dough into 6 strips.
- Wrap the dough around the hot dogs, overlapping slightly.
- Lastly, brush with an egg white and sprinkle with salt or Everything But the Bagel Seasoning if you wish.
- Bake 18-20 minutes until golden brown.
In the nutrition information below please note I have calculated the nutrition of the dough PER each pig in a blanket. You must add the nutrtion from the specific brand of hot dog or smoked sausage you use to know your exact net carb count.
SERVING SIZE: 1 pig in a blanket( calculated WITHOUT MEAT) so add the net carbs of the hot dog you use
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 110TOTAL FAT: 3.3gCHOLESTEROL: 9.9mgSODIUM: 224mgCARBOHYDRATES: 2.9gFIBER: 0.8gSUGAR: 0.9gPROTEIN: 10.6g