This beautiful, sugar-free KETO GERMAN CHOCOLATE CAKE tastes as good as it looks! It’s hard to guess that this is low carb and made with simple ingredients. With three layers of rich chocolate cake and classic coconut pecan filling, this is a stunner. This cake could fool anyone while it’s made with keto-friendly ingredients.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS
- Light and fluffy cake with rich chocolate flavor
- Sweet, caramelized coconut pecan filling
- Tastes like the real thing!
- Easy to prep components ahead
- Keto, low carb, and gluten-free
- Less than 4 grams sugar per slice
- (1 bag) 7 oz ChocZero Dark Chocolate Chips (Sugar-Free)
- 3/4 cup butter (softened)
- 1 1/2 cups Besti Monk Fruit Allulose
- (at room temperature) 6 large Eggs
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 3 cups Wholesome Yum Blanched Almond Flour
- 1 tbsp Baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Sea salt
- (1 1/2 cups) 1 Sugar-Free Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup Besti Brown Monk Fruit Allulose
- 6 large Egg yolks (at room temperature)
- 1/2 tbsp Vanilla extract
- 2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 1/2 cups Pecans (chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line 3 cake pans(9-inch) with parchment paper and grease the inner sides.
- Melt the chocolate chips, in a medium bowl in the microwave. Put it aside.
- To cream the butter and Besti together in a large bowl, use a hand mixer for 2-4 minutes until it gets light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, one by one.
- Until it gets smooth, beat in the melted chocolate and vanilla extract.
- Beat in the sea salt, baking powder, and almond flour, until it gets smooth.
- Among the 3 prepared pans, divide the dough, smoothing the top with a spatula. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until an inserted toothpick, comes out clean and the top springs back.
- In the pans, cool the cake layers completely, then along the sides, run a knife and flip to release.
COCONUT PECAN FILLING:
- According to the instructions here, in a large saute pan, make the sugar-free sweetened condensed milk.
- Add the Besti Brown and butter. Over low heat, cook for 1-2 minutes, whisking frequently, until it gets smooth.
- Whisk in the egg yolks. Over low heat, cook for about FIVE minutes, whisking frequently, until it starts to thicken.
- Take away from heat. Stir in vanilla. To cool for 10 minutes, put it aside.
- Stir in pecans and shredded coconut. Let the frosting cool completely.
- Onto a cake stand, place one layer of cake. Top with the coconut-pecan filling(about 1/3) .
- On top, place the second layer of cake. Top with another 1/3 of the filling.
- Place the third layer of cake on top. Top with the remaining 1/3 of the filling.
Amount per serving.