KETO FRENCH TOAST RECIPE
French toast is far from keto-friendly, so we had to try a low-carb version of French toast. And is it unbelievable that it only took 10 minutes including bread?! This keto french toast recipe is a great keto breakfast option. It would be perfect with a cup of bulletproof coffee.
Making sweet, easy and nutritious French toast is all about sweeteners and flour! We use Besti Powdered Monk Fruit Allulose Mixture in this one because it melts pretty easily and creates a slightly caramelized outer surface just like real sugar! It’s the perfect sweetener for an excellent low-carb French toast.
90 SECOND BREAD:
- 2 tablespoons Butter (melted or dairy-free or coconut oil for paleo)
- 6 tablespoons of Healthy Yum Blanched Almond Flour
- 2 teaspoons of Healthy Yum Psyllium Husk Powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch of Sea salt
- 2 large Eggs
FRENCH TOAST MIX:
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 tablespoon Heavy cream (or coconut milk for dairy-free or paleo)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons Besti Powder Monk Fruit Allulose
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons Butter (for dairy-free or paleo use coconut oil or avocado oil)
- Besti Powder Monk Fruit Allulose Mix
- Healthy Yum Keto Maple Syrup
- Cut the bread in half crosswise and make 2 squares. Divide each square in half to get a total of 4 squares.
- Divide each square into 2 triangles for a total of 8 triangles.
- While the bread is cooling, take a bowl and whisk together 1 teaspoon of Besti powder, cream, cinnamon, vanilla and egg.
- When the grown has cooled, dip it in the egg mixture, flip to coat both sides.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Place the French toast in a single layer and cook for 60-90 seconds per side, until golden brown on the bs. Repeat the same process with the remaining pieces.
- Use Besti Powder and Healthy Yum Keto Maple Syrup for toppings.
Total Carbs 5.1g
Net Carbs 2.5g