This Keto Cream Cheese Frosting is the perfect topping for low carb cakes and muffins, but also makes a delicious filling for keto crepes, fat bombs, truffles, etc. This low carb cream cheese frosting is easy, delicious, and versatile!
Raise your hands if you think the best part of any cake is the frosting! ? Seriously though, cake without frosting is a missed opportunity amirite? My first frosting love is chocolate, but it’s followed very closely by cream cheese frosting!
First – it tastes amazing. Second, and more importantly, it’s super versatile and pairs well with any spice cake, red velvet cake, quick breads, etc.
Since I have some Keto cake recipes coming up soon that feature this Keto Cream Cheese Frosting, I figured I’d post the recipe here separately for quick reference.
If you don’t feel like making a cake to go with this Keto Cream Cheese Frosting it’s no problem. You can literally eat it with a spoon whenever you have a sweet craving or need some extra fat in your diet!
Actually I wonder if you could blend this into coffee? I’m just riffing here but it could technically work – almost like bullet proof! As soon as I make a fresh batch imma try it, but if you beat me to it let us know if it works!
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 2/3 cup powdered erythritol (I used Swerve)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (no sugar added)
- In a medium bowl, cream the butter and cream cheese together with a mixer until fully combined.
- Add the sweetener and vanilla extract and beat slowly until the sweetener is incorporated so it doesn’t get blown into the air.
- Once the sweetener is incorporated, beat on high for 2 minutes or until fluffy.
- Use immediately, or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week, or in the freezer for up to 3 months. Then bring to room temperature before using.