Chocolate Base Ingredients
4oz butter (1 stick)
8oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup cocoa powder
1 cup Swerve Confectioners
Chocolate Topping Ingredients
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon salt
5 tablespoons cocoa powder
5 tablespoons Swerve Confectioners
For the chocolate base
Melt the butter in a small pan on low heat.
When butter is melted, add softened cream cheese and vanilla extract. Turn off the heat , but keep pan on the stove.
Use a fork to mash the cream cheese and vanilla extract into the butter.
In a large mixing bowl, add cocoa powder and swerve confectioners, mix to combine.
Add the cream cheese/butter mixture to the large bowl.
Using a hand mixer on low, mix everything until you get a well-combined, fluffy mixture. ( the mixture will be very thick)
Spread mixture evenly into a pan, making the top as smooth as possible. ( I used a square baking pan with parchment paper)
Freeze for 30 minutes.
Mix all the ingredients ( the coconut oil should be melted and this should be made right before adding it to the base)
Remove the chocolate base from the freezer. If there is any ridges on top, smooth them a bit with the back of a spoon.
Pour chocolate topping on top , as evenly as possible, tilting the pan if necessary.
Put into freezer to harden a little for 10 minutes.
Cut into 30 pieces and enjoy!
Keep in a airtight container in the freezer. Take out for a few minutes to thaw before eating.
If you are a keto newbie- This should help pretty much all you need to know.. FREE… copy, paste and share to help other newbies. Share and Save Profile
-Eggs, eggs, eggs zero carbs!
– Meats: ZERO CARBS
• Beef- Ground beef, Steak, Ribs, and Roasts
• Pork- Chops, Ribs, BACON, Loins, sausage
• Chicken/ Turkey- Thighs w/ skin or wings are the best because breasts are high in protein. However, you CAN eat breasts, just have to eat more fat to compensate.
• Fish- Tuna, Salmon, Cod, Haddock, etc.
• Shrimp/ Lobster- Go crazy, use lots of butter!
-Cheese: MOST are no carb, almost all are low carb
• Mozerella & Cheddar- Buy in bulk, they freeze well and are insanely versatile!
• Colby jack, pepper jack, monterrey jack
• Taco style, Mexican style
• Parmesan, Asiago
• Ricotta- Freezes well, very versatile
• Cottage cheese- Good to throw in your lunch with berries, usually around 4-8g of Carbs per serving
• Cream Cheese- Freezes very well, this is one of the things that I always glance at whenever I go to the store, and always buy a bunch of if it’s under 75 cents per 8oz.
– Vegetables: No potatoes! Get your carbs from above ground veggies!!!
• Leafy greens- Spinach, Spring mix, Kale, Romaine
• Zucchini- Great for a noodle substitute!
• Avacado- Awesome source of natural fat!
• Brussels sprouts
• Spaghetti Squash- Versatile, makes a great spaghetti substitute and is even great for making hash browns!!
• Peppers- Jalepeño, banana, green/ red/ yellow/ orange bell
• Broccoli- Great with cheese, steamed or just raw!
• Asparagus- Awesome roasted or sautéed with bacon and garlic!
• Cauliflower- AWESOME potato substitute!!
• Celery- Great with cream cheese or all natural peanut butter!
• Pickles (Read nutrition labels, watch for sugar and carbs)
• Green beans- Awesome sautéed in bacon grease with garlic, (watch portion size, though).
• Onions- Red, yellow: use somewhat sparingly, to taste
– Fruits: Most are a no-no, especially bananas, oranges and grapes.
• Lemon/ Limes- Adds great flavor!
– Nuts (grams of Carbs per 100 grams, or 3.5 oz)
• Pecans/ Brazil (4g)
• Macadamia (5g)
• Hazelnut/ Walnut/ Peanut (7g)
• Pine (9g)
• Almond (10g)
• Pistachio (18g)
• Cashew (27g)
– Oils/ Fats
• Coconut Oil
• Butter: Kerry Gold is best but just make sure it’s REAL butter and not a spread or margarine
• Olive Oil
• Bacon/ sausage grease
• MCT oil- easily ordered online/ in specialty stores
-Dressings/ Condiments/ Fats
• Ranch, Blue cheese, Cesar, Thousand Island, Balsamic- Watch carbs/ sugar, but there’s tons of brands, so you can find one you love!
• Mayo- Natural/ organic is best, but I use Hellmann’s all the time.
• “NO SUGAR ADDED” Ketchup or sugar free ketchup
• G. Hughes brand sugar free BBQ sauce
• Yellow/ Spicy Brown Mustard
• Soy sauce
• Hot sauce
– Liquids: Use as base for sauces/ soups
• Heavy Whipping Cream (HWC)
• Broths/ Stocks: Stay away from reduced fat. Bone broth is awesome!
• Slim Jims/ jerky (watch carbs)
• Homemade cheese its/ tortilla chips
• Pork rinds (0 carbs, very versatile. Can be used as breading, nacho substitute or even sprinkled with cinnamon & stevia and eaten like cereal with Almond milk and tastes like cinnamon toast crunch!)
• WATER- Lots of it!
• Crystal Light- Tons of options and very convenient!
• Coffee- Add a Tablespoon of coconut oil or MCT oil, Stevia/erythritol, heavy whipping cream and vanilla, pumpkin extract or Cocoa powder & peppermint extract *BOOM* Homemade creamer!
– Alcoholic Beverages
• Beers (grams of carbs per 12 oz serving)
Bud Select 55 (1.9)
MGD 64 (2.4)
Rolling Rock Green Light (2.4)
Michelob Ultra (2.6)
Bud Select (3.1)
Beck’s Premier Light (3.2)
Natural Light (3.2)
Michelob Ultra Amber (3.7)
Coors Light (5)
Amsterdam Light (5)
Bud Light (6.6)
• Vodka: Whipped Vodka & flavored water or pineapple Pinnacle with crystal light are a couple of my favorites!
• Whiskey shot (0g carbs)
• Brandy shot (0g carbs)
• Dry Martini (0g carbs)
• Tequila shot (0g carbs)
• Champagne (~1g per serving)
• Dry wine (~2g per serving)
• Stevia drops (0g)
• Erythritol (0g)
• Truvía (0g)
• Monkfruit (0g)
– Other common Ingredients I use
• Almond flour
• Spices: Garlic powder, onion powder
– Dont forget your electrolytes, they are needed daily.
• A good form of electrolytes is:
• Powerade zero
• Pickle juice
• Pink Himalayan salt added to your food
– Strict keto – counts all macros, does not eat processed foods.
– Lazy keto – doesn’t track all macros, still eats processed foods, as long as they are on plan
– Macros are a break down of the calories you intake for the day.
– Carbs are a limit – try not to go over your carb limit. 20 NET CARBS!
– Fat is a lever – you don’t have to meet your fat macro, it’s simply there to help you get full.
– Protein is a goal- try your best to reach your protein goal.