- 2.2 lb (1kg) chicken thighs, boneless
- 8 oz (250g) baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup (125g) heavy cream
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ small onion, diced
- Ground black pepper
- Unsalted butter for frying
- Green onions for garnishing, chopped
- Season the chicken thighs from both sides with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Heat a large skillet over a medium-high heat and add the butter.
- When the butter has melted, add the onions and garlic and cook until they started browning.
- Place the chicken thighs onto the skillet and fry on each side for 8 minutes or until golden brown.
- When the chicken has a nice, crispy crust on both sides and is no longer pink in the center, transfer it from the skillet to a clean plate and set aside.
- On the same skillet, cook the mushrooms for about 5 minutes or until they reduce in size and started browning. Then add the heavy cream, season with salt and black pepper to taste, and cook for additional 5-10 mins.
- When the mushroom sauce is slightly thickened, add the chicken back to the skillet and let it cook without flipping it for another 2 minutes.
- Serve hot, topped with freshly chopped green onions over a side dish of your choice.
NET CARB: 1,5gNutrition FactsKeto chicken thighs recipe with mushroom sauceAmount Per Serving (1 chicken thigh)Calories 162Calories from Fat 72% Daily Value*Fat 8g12%Potassium 24mg1%Carbohydrates 2g1%Fiber 0.5g2%Sugar 0.7g1%Protein 20g40%Vitamin A 233IU5%Vitamin C 1mg1%Calcium 12mg1%Iron 1mg6%*