- 1 head of green cabbage, cored and shredded
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease a 9×13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large pot of boiling water, blanch the shredded cabbage for 3-4 minutes. Drain the cabbage and transfer it to the prepared baking dish.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the heavy cream, chicken or vegetable broth, minced garlic, and grated Parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the cream mixture over the cabbage in the baking dish and toss to coat the cabbage evenly.
- Sprinkle the shredded mozzarella cheese on top of the cabbage.
- Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and continue baking for another 10-15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly and the cabbage is tender.
- Remove the baking dish from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley and serve hot.
This dish is a great low-carb alternative to traditional potato gratin and makes a delicious side dish to any meal. Enjoy!