This Italian Wedding Soup is an American-Italian soup with spinach and pasta, studded with delicious meatballs. So simple, quick and always a big hit! Try it today and in less than 30 minutes you’ll have a drool worthy dish, I promise!
6 Quart Dutch Oven
COSORI Air Fryer 5.8 Quart
- 1 pound ground beef extra lean
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese grated
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup parsley fresh, chopped
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon salt or to taste
- ½ teaspoon pepper or to taste
Italian Wedding Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium carrot chopped
- 1 cup acini di pepe dry, or orzo
- 8 cups chicken broth low sodium
- 1 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1 teaspoon pepper or to taste
- 1 cube chicken bouillon or beef bouillon
- 2 cups spinach packed down and roughly chopped
- Pecorino Romano cheese freshly grated, for serving
Add all the meatball ingredients to a bowl and mix well using your clean hands until well incorporated. Shape into mini meatballs, about ¾ to an inch and place them in a bowl.
Place the meatballs in the air fryer basket and cook them for 15 minutes at 380°F (193°C). Alternatively, you can bake them. Preheat your oven to 350°F (176°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat to prevent the meat from sticking to the pan. Place all the meatballs on the prepared baking sheet evenly spaced out. Next, transfer them to the preheated oven and bake for about 16 to 18 minutes or until lightly browned and cooked through.
Italian Wedding Soup
Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium-high. Then add the carrots and sauté them for about 3 to 4 minutes or until tender. Next, you’ll want to add in the pasta and pour the chicken broth into the pot with the carrots and bring it to a boil. Once it’s boiling, taste for seasoning and adjust with salt and pepper. I also like to add a chicken or beef bouillon cube for some extra flavor.
Then add the meatballs and simmer on medium-low heat for 10 minutes until the pasta is fully cooked. Finally, stir in the spinach and cook for another minute until the spinach wilts.
Ladle the soup into bowls and serve with grated Pecorino Romano Cheese or Parmesan cheese.
- You can make the meatballs before and freeze them in a freezer bag until ready to use.
- For the meatballs you can use half ground pork or half ground beef. You can even just use ground chicken or ground turkey for a healthier version.
- In an airtight shallow container this Italian wedding soup will keep for 3 – 4 days in the fridge, just be sure it is cooled before storing. You can also freeze this soup, just store it cooled in a shallow airtight container and it will keep for 4 – 6 months. Just allow it to thaw overnight in the fridge before reheating on the stove when ready to eat.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 411kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Trans Fat: 0.5g | Cholesterol: 87mg | Sodium: 989mg | Potassium: 797mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 8129IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 230mg | Iron: 5mg