- 1 lb Italian sausage (mild or spicy)
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 can diced tomatoes (14.5 oz)
- 1 cup uncooked ditalini pasta
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grated Parmesan cheese, for serving
- In a large pot, cook the sausage over medium heat until browned, breaking it up into small pieces.
- Add the onion, garlic, carrots, and celery to the pot and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the chicken broth, diced tomatoes, uncooked pasta, basil, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Bring the soup to a boil, then reduce heat and let it simmer until the pasta is cooked, about 15 minutes.
- Serve hot with grated Parmesan cheese on top. Enjoy!