- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 celery rib, diced
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup uncooked small pasta (such as ditalini or small shells)
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, carrot, and celery and cook until the vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken to the pot and cook until it is no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
- Pour in the chicken broth and add the tomatoes (with their juices). Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Stir in the pasta and reduce the heat to low. Simmer the soup until the pasta is cooked, about 10-12 minutes.
- Stir in the peas and parsley and season the soup with salt and black pepper.
- Serve the soup hot. Enjoy!