- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups grated carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, beat the eggs and sugars together until creamy. Then, add the oil, milk, and vanilla extract and mix until well combined.
- Gradually stir in the dry ingredients until just combined.
- Fold in the grated carrots and pecans (if using).
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 55-65 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Allow the bread to cool in the pan for 5 minutes before transferring it to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Slice and serve the bread warm or at room temperature. Enjoy!
Love this carrot loaf.