- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, combine chicken broth, water, chicken, onion, carrots, celery, garlic, parsley, and thyme. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and let it simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until the vegetables and chicken are cooked through.
- Stir in the egg noodles and cook for an additional 5-7 minutes, or until the noodles are tender.
- Season the soup with salt and pepper to taste.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and garnish with additional parsley, if desired.
- Serve and enjoy!
I put a few drops of lemon juice when cooked.