1 square cake pan (about 8 inches)
1 round cake pan (about 8 inches but the same size as the square pan)
2 containers of frosting.
I used strawberry.
1 box of cake mix (usually you’ll need oil, water, and eggs for the mix)
Sprinkles (optional) Non-stick spray
- Prepare the square and round cake pans with non-stick spray.
- Gather all of the ingredients needed for the cake mix of your choice.
- Mix the ingredients together until smooth.
- Pour half of the cake batter into the square pan and half into the round pan, making sure the thickness of the batter in each pan is similar.
- Bake the cakes according to the recipe instructions.
- Remove the cakes from their pans.
- Cut the round cake in half evenly.
- Position the square cake to form a diamond shape, then place each half of the round cake on top.
- Place the cake on a large plate or cake board, or use wax paper or parchment paper if needed.
- Generously apply the strawberry frosting to the cake. The frosting will fill in any imperfections and hold the 3 pieces together.
- Decorate with sprinkles, icing letters, birthday candles, or any other desired decorations.